Friday, 23 May 2008

Hairy Coo's and Cooper's Hair

There are two issues that need immediate address:

1. Hairy Coo's, or Highland Cows, are the cutest things ever. I was reminded of this during my recent trip to Scotland. Just look at them!!





When I was in the gift shop at the National Modern Art Museum in Edinburgh, there was a table of Hairy Coo stuff that I was fawning over. Maybe I feel an affinity with the red hair. Anyway, upon exiting the museum with Erin, Ben, and Jamie, I reached down to put my coat on and, no joke, a Hairy Coo stuffed animal had ATTACHED ITSELF to the velcro of my jacket. No, I did not steal it! Of course, I took this as a sign that he wanted to go home with me, so I went back into the shop and paid his ransom. Here is my new buddy (he likes to drink coffee and read Darwin, apparently):





Awwwwww!

2. What. is. up. with Anderson Cooper's hair??!! Don't get me wrong- I love AC. He brings me my daily dose of American news via podcast every evening. But seriously. A man who can rock a full head of that much gray deserves a decent cut. I have no idea how it went from great to stupidly buzzed with that unsightly tuft at the top. This seems to work on Highland cattle, but not on the Coop.

Good (longer all around, no tuft):



Not bad/Pushing it (sides shortening, tuft begins to appear):



WTF?
(this has got to be stopped)


Anderson, come back to us!!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

hmmm I never noticed the changes in Anderson's hair... I was too arrested by his dazzling eyes.

Did I ever tell you I met him at a book signing? He signed his book for me, and shook my hand. What he doesn't know is that signing a book and shaking hands is a sacred marriage ritual in my part of Ohio.